
What a fun two day! Nick and I spent almost all of yesterday together, minus an hour or two spent with the great Ashley (mosaicmommies.blogspot.com) for accountability. We had an amazing time. Then this morning we met the rest of the crew for prayer which turned into a girls afternoon at the grocery store - loading up on Hallelujah items and talking about Advocare.
Speaking of the Hallelujah diet - I think I'm ready to come out officially: I LOVE THIS THING. At first I was tentative to talk about it because I'm always on new diets and always quitting, but since I have spent an entire WEEK without Diet Coke (or any of the prohibited foods) I'm ready now to come out and say I absolutely love this diet and I haven't felt better in years - literally. I'm sure as the time passes and the withdrawal symptoms fade, it will only get better. Please ask if you have any questions about specifics - I'd love to talk about it.
On a personal note, the diet has led me to make some more personal health decisions that I feel like God has had on my heart for a while and I've just been sort of ignoring - but listening to him now is so freeing and I just can't wait for the next day to come. Praise God!
Nick got a new book by Rob Bell called "Velvet Elvis" which I highly recommend also - here's a quote to tempt you in. When he's addressing different churches and types of Christianity, he compares faith in Christ to a trampoline. He talks about the essential doctrines (such as the Trinity) being the springs and the fellowship around us being the other people jumping with us which can propel your jump higher. Then he makes the great statement about preference of believers and about the constant need to defend the faith: "I am far more interested in jumping that I am in arguing about whose trampoline is better. You rarely defend the things you love. You enjoy them and tell others about them and invite others to enjoy them with you."
Something to think about, especially in this season.
Also - big thanks to my sis for the pic I stole from her blog: graceaboundsdaily.blogspot.com
Love ya'll Grace and Peace
1 comment:
ooh darlin', so glad you had a great weekend. Hold on tight to the joy and the wisdom-bites as you start the new week. Just a few more weeks of double duty as a student and career-person...then you'll have that piece of paper to hang on the wall but more importantly the great feeling of accomplishment you'll carry far beyond the paper! Love you!
Post a Comment