So yesterday was my aunt's funeral and I can't begin to tell you how much God showed up. I've never been to a funeral and felt such hope or such power from the Lord. The story of my aunt's passing is really crazy to me and I still haven't heard the whole thing, but I will tell you the gist of it is that she woke up on Sunday morning, clearer than she's been in months, and asked the family to all gather around her. Though she'd been pretty foggy (they thought the cancer may have spread to her brain), she was totally alert on Sunday and she told them all she was sorry but she wanted to go be with Jesus. She gave them all hope and joy for the future, while looking forward to what was ahead for her. From bits and peices of stories, I've gathered that just before she passed, she reached her hands up in the air towards heaven and then began hugging something invisible. Then she sat back in bed, mouthed that she loved her husband, and passed away.
But sitting in her funeral yesterday, I was just overcome with a burden to live up to Christ's call for my life. While Nick was leading worship, I just saw how God really has given me such a faithful husband, and such a community to grow me, and I just feel like I'm falling short. In work, at school, and in my daily life, I've just let life become life instead of my constant ministry. Those of you who know about my family know that on that side, alot of them aren't believers. Well now, it's like God has used my aunt's death and late life rededication to Him to do these amazing things, and all along, I've seen family as some what of a burden instead of a huge blessing or a huge oppurtunity. The same thing happens at work, or every where else we have to go in our daily lives.
I know it's so cliche, but if we do have the cure for brokeness, the cure for death, in our hearts - who can be a burden to us? I know seeing God move yesterday was not at all a burden, but a blessing and a resurgence of my heart - and I think it's time to see my life goals more aligned with the goal of being apart of that daily.
Just some thoughts... Love ya'll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment