
So it's 1:35 am and I am still awake - mark this moment, I pray it will never happen again. I got off work at 5 this afternoon, passed out at 7, then just woke up at midnight when Nick came to bed. I had my first for real migraine tonight in a long time and now it's gone but my tylenol pm still hasn't kicked in. So what I am I doing, you ask? Watching the Gastineau girls and catching up on some internet goodness.
But despite being slightly stressed about my inability to sleep, this has been the most peaceful period of days in the last few months. Monday I spent the afternoon in the Mosiac office, which I really should do a great deal more since its only two floors down. Being around Naaem, Ashley, Amy, JB, Kalle, Shawn, Kelly, Kristy, and Jacob (haha - there really were that many people there) just felt like a glimpse into the Godly fellowship I'm missing out on. I guess it's work and balancing married life that's sort of kept me away from that, but I know it has a lot to do with my inhibitions as well. I'm over that.
Secondly, Nick and I feel like God has been calling us to an extreme time of peace during a small little faith test. February is all of a sudden our first real month married, not being supported by our parents, and living on basically one salary so Nick can help the Mosaic as much as possible. It's hard, but it really is fun knowing we don't need to worry about going out at all:). And while I may sound like I'm joking, it honestly is fun. For me seeing how little money I can possibly spend is like a puzzle - my goal is not a penny until next Monday. (Not including gas - since my light came on today) But all that said, we're still incredibly blessed - but I'm just excited to see where God takes us in the future.
Here's my observation - they always drink what seems to be iced coffee on the Gastineau girls and I must admit, it looks refrshing. I may need to see if I can whip some up tomorrow before work.
I'm so sleepy, I may be a bit delirous. Still loving life.
Peace outttttt.
JAC
1 comment:
wow- i just love how honest and transparent your blogs are. i believe that you and Nick are going to be pivitol pieces of God's work at Mosaic...your encouraging smile and your humble heart are a wonderful place where God can do the most....
:)
Post a Comment