Thursday, July 13, 2006

Frustration

I don't think the words "I can't sleep" have ever come out of my mouth. And yet, here it is 6am (when most people like to wake up) and I'm utterly bitter about the fact that I got up to use the bathroom an hour ago and I didn't want to wake up until 6:30 and here I am, restless and ready to go because I couldn't fall back to sleep. My mom and Nick always have problems sleeping, either because God wants to tell them something in the middle of the night or any number of reasons... but me? Nope. I can sleep anywhere through anything, and I really enjoy it.

I probably should have just spent the last hour praising God and talking to Him, but I must admit, not being able to sleep and having a million worries on my mind has got me in a bit of a funk. I suppose it's pregnancy hormones that have got me so jacked lately, but I just feel like every so often I get the crazy baby blues. I feel overwhelmed, scared, frustrated, and bleh.

All that to say, it only took writing this to make me see what I need to go do now... Flip this crazy attitude with some Jesus.

Jess

4 comments:

Old Woman said...

oh sweet baby, jessie. you'd better stop counting the days or it will be the longest pregnancy ever...especially toward the end; and if your baby decides he/she doesn't like the due date or that he/she's really comfortable in there...man that could be...well lets just say depressing. mom, tells me you think its boy...well, that is my lot in life and have i got baby boy stories to tell. congradulations ~ i'm so excited for you! peace ~ you're momma's prayer buddy from fm, linda.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, it's Brooke. I cannot believe I havent seen you and I have been home for so long. I miss you tons and am so excited about little Baby C. Don't be worried/frustrated/scared, you'll be a great mama!!! Call me when you get a chance, I would love some cuz time. Love you, B

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

twas good to get some jessi time last night....twas very good.

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

jessi...i have so much to tell you...won't you please come and see me???