Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm getting better, huh?

To all you silent blog readers out there, I just want to commend - well, me. I'm really trying to improve on updated blogs for you to be interested in. Whitley gets home from Hawaii soon and the plan is to impress her with my frequent blogging AND my baby belly I'm growing so intently so she can get some good photographs.
A few updates:

#1) I got three massive bug bites the other night at Kelly Clarkson. One is right on the large & in charge part of my hip and it's so big (and maybe swollen) that it looks like my hip is the size of a 300 pound woman. Either that or I really am starting to gain a little baby weight. Nick keeps trying to reassure me and say "I don't think that's really a bug bite (i.e. it must be some kind of body swelling skin disease)." All in all, 3 bug bites and a few coke bottles to the head (sorry thats a much longer story) was worth it to celebrate sweet Kalle's birthday. She is officially 24 and she's always been to wise for her years.

#2) We're in Mt. Pleasant on vacation with the parents and we're having a very relaxing time. Last night Nick and I were laying in bed and I told him that I was seriously sublimely happy and I really meant it. For a split second, I don't remember being that happy ever. I just feel really content and joyful.

#3) I'm finding a great deal of release in writing again. Nick suggested I get back into it for discipline sake since this first trimester body is not necessarily ready to work out again and I need some outlet of working on something. And I'm finding, it's soooo therapeutic. This blog is obviously not the paradigm of literature but I'm not necessarily ready to put any real writing up on here yet. Especially since half of the writing is about babies and pregnancy and that can wear the nerves a bit (it's okay, I know it's true) and the other half is about my constant struggle between humility and excepting grace - so broadcasting all that is kind of nauseating either way to me.

#4) On a small note, I did fit into my wedding dress again and I think thats a mere miracle considering I'm a two weeks shy of my second trimester. Gibson suggested I call Guiness and let them know. I think I just might.

Much love friends, Jess

No comments: