Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pregnancy Update



So in case anyone was wondering...

Baby Boy is good and growing. My midwife orignally reported that he was slightly small and we had a lack of amniotic fluid because of the way my placenta was in the body but as of yesterday - he was as big as needed and I think he got extra amniotic fluid prayed into him at Cleansing Stream.

Last month we were also a little concerned about his lack of movement but about three weeks ago, he started kicking and he pretty much hasn't stopped yet. Most of the time I can seperate what I'm feeling from whats happening in my body but every few kicks - I see my stomach jump and I realize it's our son moving that is causing it and I either cry or laugh. I can't wait to meet him, but in so many ways, I feel like I already know his personality. Sometimes when he's being hyperactive, I just sit back on the couch and pretent like we're having a conversation. I know that sounds weird but I just love him so much and I already enjoy spending time with him.

I offically start my third trimester tomorrow and I can't believe how this pregnancy has flown by. I can certainly say I thought it would be different in so many ways. I thought I'd have the most extensive maternity wardrobe in Charlotte and I realized yesterday that I've only bought 5 peices of clothing and the rest has been hand-me-downs. Thank GOD for my sister and Ashley Fazal who have both kept me clothed. I also thought by this point we'd be living in our spacious new house in North Charlotte. Alas, the Lord's plans didn't really include that so we're staying in the townhouse. I thought I'd be uber prepared Mommy and while Ash has already given me tons of stuff, I haven't bought a thing for this baby and yet, I know we'll be plenty ready when he comes.

Other than that, nothing else really baby related to share. I can't wait for Febuary, I CANNOT wait to meet this boy.
Peace & Love friends -
Jess

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

so sweet to hear you speak of him with such tenderness already. you are going to be a wonderful mother and God will supply ALL of your needs for you to be able to take care of this precious bundle of joy.

Anonymous said...

jess--i know we haven't talked in forever, but just wanted to comment on the cleansing streams thing, did you know my parents were leaders in that ministry for quite a while? anyway, just thought that was interesting. love to you and nick, and little fella