I've been sick for around 2 weeks, but it's just reached a head in the past few days. I've barely left the house since Friday and for the most part I haven't left the couch for the past 48 hours except for showering. I could complain for awhile if I want, honestly... I think you'd probably have a lot of sympathy for me - seeing that I'm pregnant and sick but that's not really the point of this.
The point of this particular blog is to let you know things you should do if you ever find yourself bedridden, pregnant, and on talking restriction from your husband so that your lungs can heal.
#1) Watch the food network like it's your job. Giadda, Rachel, Flay, the Dean boys... the commercials are ALWAYS better on the food network and even at 2 in the morning - the infomercials are the best. Today I learned how fast food got started, how to make cranberry risotto and how to use old pumpkin muffins to make turkey stuffing. Rachel calls it 'muffin stuffin'.
#2) If you haven't already - take up playing Soduko. Not only has it gotten me through many cough ridden-sleepless nights, but I'm banking on it to help me get through natural childbirth.
#3) Assuming you're bedridden and pregant - make your birth plan, list to pack in the hospital bag, and list of stuff still to do in the nursery. Even if you're not pregnant - even if you're years away from childbirth I suggest thinking about this as soon as possible. Do you want music played in the delivery room? Who wants to cut the umbilical cord? Lights low? Baby sleep with you or in the nursery?
#4) When you can't sleep, find a movie on tv that you've already seen and turn down the volume just low enough that it's annoyingly soft but still distinguishable and place the remote on the other side of the room. If you can get two movies in a row (like a sequel) and you've seen both - you're golden. I suggest 'The Whole Nine Yards' and 'The Whole Ten Yards'.
Hope these help friends.
PS: If I find out at the doctor tomorrow that I'm not contagious - you should all come visit so I'm not reduced to these activities any longer.
love love, Jessi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i want to come visit...but i, too, need to make sure you aren't contagious...it would be just awful for me to take that into the shelter.
let me know if you need ANYTHING...and i am happy to help. call me (or have your husband call me if you aren't allowed to talk:)
ok, so you've got me hooked on 2/4...just not going for the others. I can promise you that I've made all the birthing plans that I EVER intend to make and, there are still plenty of movies I've never seen for the FIRST time...just saw Pride and Prejudice this weekend - reminded me how much I love Jane Austen.
Soduko has other hidden gifts, I think. It could be marketed to menopausal women who are suffering from memory loss, as it seems to be helping me retain phone numbers these days.:)ly, momma
Post a Comment