Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mom & Katie

My mom & sister crunch ice. I do not crunch ice, it makes my ears hurt. My mom wakes up in the middle of the night almost every night and writes encouraging emails or spends time with the Lord. I love to sleep. My sister is has this certain smell that isn't bad at all, just really beautiful and really unique to her. Katie also only eats about once a day and when she does, she picks at her food. I can't help but swallow whole everything I eat.

For the past few nights, either because of broncitis or pregnancy, I've been waking up at 2 or 3 am and not being being able to fall back asleep. I've NEVER been like this and I really enjoy sleeping so I started taking 2 Tylenol PMs before bed because it's one of the only OTC drugs you can take pregnant.

Regardless of the Tylenol PM, I'm still waking up at 2 or 3am every single night. Last night, I was reading and praying when I couldn't sleep. I was crunching ice and laughing at myself because lately I've been crunching so much ice that I have to keep going and buying bags of ice to put in the freezer because that automatic ice maker can't keep up with me. Then all of a sudden, I smelled my sister's smell out of the middle of nowhere.

I had barely eaten all day because the sickness has stolen my apetite and all of a sudden, I wanted some toast. For the first time in my entire life - I found myself not devouring it, just taking the peices of toast that looked perfectly saturated with my fake healthy butter and eating those - leaving a crummy mess everywhere.

Being awake from 2am to 6am every morning is crucial, but all of a sudden - feeling like maybe you're becoming like your sister and your mom is really sweet.

1 comment:

inthemiddleoflife said...

Can't think of two better people to be like :) but couldn't you have chosen a few of our better qualities to emulate???
I'll send ice coupons in the future instead of starbucks cards. And, next time I'm praying for you at 2am I'll email first!
love you, momma